Striking a healthy work-life balance is a difficult challenge for employers but all the more necessary to retain employees. Consider the Work-Life Grant under WorkPro to help you and your employees better manage work and family responsibilities.
How can we help?
We are one of the 27 MOM approved Work-Life Trainer AND Consultant. Here are some ways our consultants and trainers can help with your transition to a better work-life balance in your company.
- A collaborative approach to designing suitable flexible work arrangements (FWAs), employee assistance and communication plan involving the work-life team.
- Provision of processes and templates such as employee rostering system and daily work progress tracking systems.
- The formalization of FWAs together with HR personnel – designing of leave scheme, performance tracking and career advancement for staff under FWAs
- Complimentary performance coaching for work-life ambassadors to successfully implement an effective work-life culture
As an effect from 31 March 2018, changes of Work-Life grant will be improved to Enhanced Work-Life Grant.
The Work-Life Grant consists of 2 components:
- The FWA Incentive (FI)
- Job Sharing Incentive for PMETs (JSI)
1. Flexible Work Arrange (FWA) Incentive
The FWA Incentive encourages you to support more employees on FWAs. FWAs recognized includes:
- Flexi-Time (report to work early and leave early, vice versa)
- Flexi-Place (work out of office 2 days per month)
- Part-time Work (work less than 35 hours per week)
|Amount||Up to $120,000 per company.|
|Disbursement||In tranches of up to $40,000 per year over 3 years.|
|Computation (yearly)||Based on the number of unique Singaporean employees utilising FWAs:
The total incentive disbursed depends on the percentage of employees utilizing the FWAs:
|Utilisation rate for FWAs||Total incentive||Annual payment|
|At least 20%||Up to $75,000||Up to $25,000|
|At least 30%||Up to $120,000||Up to $40,000|
The incentive should be used to nurture and further workplace cultures that support better work-life harmony. To receive subsequent payouts, your company needs to sustain the work-life practices at your workplace.
In addition, you need to:
- Appoint a work-life ambassador from senior management to champion a work-life friendly workplace and communicate your organization’s work-life policies to your employees.
- Have formalized 2 or more new FWAs in your HR policies and communicate them to your employees.
- Have no more than 6 in 10 employees on the same FWA type counting towards the 20% or 30% FWA utilization requirement.